PLEASE PICK UP THE PHONE AND STATE YOUR CASE.
To make it simple, here is the press release from the Save Coney Island folks:
Two Phone Calls to Save Coney Island
The Bloomberg administration's plan to shrink Coney Island's amusement district and to block it off with four high-rise hotel towers is now before the City Council. They have until Monday, July 13th to request changes to the City's plan.
If you want to save Coney Island, PLEASE CALL your City Council member TODAY (the sooner the better!).
To find your City Council member and their phone number, plug in your street address and borough here:
http://council.nyc.gov/html/members/members.shtmlCall their lEGISLATIVE OFFICE number first. Try calling during the workday.
* Tell them you live in their district.
* Tell them that you're calling about the plan for Coney Island currently under review by City Council.
* Tell them Coney Island is an issue of CITYWIDE concern and that the current plan would RUIN Coney Island forever.
* Tell them that the area for open-air amusements needs to be EXPANDED and that the proposed high-rise hotels need to be MOVED out of the amusement area.
* Tell them to urge the Department of City Planning and Councilmember Domenic Recchia to FIX the City's plan.
* Tell them you would like to know what their position is on this issue.
* Tell them to check out www.saveconeyisland.net for more information.
Be polite. Be brief. Be passionate. Leave a message if nobody answers.
If you REALLY want to Save Coney Island, also call Speaker Christine Quinn and deliver the same message.
Christine Quinn's legislative office: (212) 788-7210.
PASS THIS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS. WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.