As reported by the AM New York Urbanite:
The City and the CIDC, however continued defending the plan. The NY1 writes:
“Two months ago, the process broke down,” he said. “I didn’t change my mind on the plan; the city gutted our plan. I didn’t leave the CIDC; the CIDC left me.”
“Who is this plan for?” asked Savitri D., the Memaid Parade queen who had been on a hunger strike since Saturday to protest the proposal. “Is it for a developer? Is it for an elected’s legacy? Is it for an elected’s pocket? Because I don’t see the people of Coney Island in very many of these drawings.”
See the NY1 Video here.
"It's certainly an important part of the public process for zoning. So I'm actually glad that people came out tonight so that we can hear their opinions and modify the scope accordingly," said Lynn Kelly of Coney Island Development Corporation.