Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Album From Former Coney Freakshow Performer

Singer and instrumentalist Baby Dee's new album, 'Safe Inside the Day', has just been released by the label Drag City.

According to an
NPR interview Dee gave to promote the new record, she has worked as a street musician, a church musician, and as a Coney Island sideshow performer:

"I was the Bilateral Hermaphrodite. I worked in circuses, like the Bindlestiff circus [and] the Kamikaze Freak Show."

Streaming versions of two of the tracks from the album can be found on the
NPR website.


Unclassifiable Musician Baby Dee Is Now 'Safe' [National Public Radio]

- post by Ben Nadler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Dee is great. I worked with Dee at the World Trade Center's Buskers festival many years ago - I played the musical saw and Dee accompanied me on accordion, sitting on a huge trycicle.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog